Travelers' Rest Visitor Info
Visitor Center Open
|May 15 - August: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 7 days/week||9 a.m to 6 p.m.|
|Sept/Oct & April/May: 9 a.m to 6 p.m. 7 days/week||9 a.m .to 4 p.m.|
Nov - March: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays;
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays, closed Mondays;
6712 Highway 12 West
PO Box 995
Lolo, Montana 59847
The park entrance is 1/2 mile west of Lolo, Montana on U. S. Highway 12
View Travelers' Rest in a larger map
- Public access to Lolo Creek for wading and fishing (A valid Montana State fishing license required)
- Grassy picnic area with tables
- 1/2 mile loop hiking trail through a wooded riparian zone and over a Lolo Creek footbridge to the site where archeologists found artifacts verifying Lewis and Clark's 1806 campsite.
- Well behaved pets on leash connected to a person are welcome. Please pick up after your pet!
- The Holt Museum at Travelers' Rest shares the visitor center building and is open the same hours. This Museum features a new exhibit "Lewis and Clark enter the Land of the Salish" as well as an extensive display of Native American pow wow dance regalia, a recreated early Bitterroot Valley European settlement main street, hand powered logging tools, and western theme art.